This is the portal for the locked pages of the Medical Writing Institute Certificate in Medical Writing.
You have 2 possibilities:
1) Sign up for the Certificate in Medical Writing to access all materials on the website and all webinars. This will cost you $1300. We recommend you work through the 3 courses in 4 to 8 months. You can work on all 3 courses at once, or 2, or 1. You must complete requirements from all 3 by oral and written examinations and have a job or contract in the health or pharmaceutical industry (private or public) to be awarded a certificate.
2) Sign up for individual webinars, which each cost $50 and last 2 hours. If you want credit for the webinar, you will pay $100 and you need to do the before and after homework. If you later decide to enroll in the certificate, you will be credited for all monies paid.
Medical Writing Institute schedules webinars and classes through Skype, through telephone, and through screen-sharing programs.
Contact us by email and phone when you open each topic so we can guide you through.
If you are stuck, and when you finish each topic, email and call in and you will be given the password for the next topic. Every topic is substantial, some you can complete in a week, others may take several weeks. You go at your own pace.
What do you have to do to be awarded a certificate? Some of the requirements are:
1. Prepare resumes and post them on networking sites
2. Prepare a portfolio which includes: a. CME-style PowerPoint presentation b. Peer-reviewed articles published in MJoTA (at least 3) c. Presentations and documents demonstrating competency in FDA documentation preparation and rules
3. Pass a 3-hour exam on clinical statistics and data
4. Pass a 3-hour exam on clinical study report writing competency
5. Prepare a poster from a clinical trial article published in NEJM
6. Pass editing, formatting, and style exams
7. Demonstrate competency in setting up a business
You will be able to access the full syllabi and the first topic in each course when you are accepted as a student and you have paid tuition.
MJoTA.org. Published since 2006 by Emerald Pademelon Press LLC. PO Box 381 Haddonfield, NJ 08033, USA. Telephone: 01-856-795-2359; 01-609-792-1571. Email: Publisher@mjota.org. Contact the publisher on Facebook click here